Ava Grace's Closet: The Birthday Girl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Birthday Girl

I'm almost one month late with this post but I couldn't pass up the chance to celebrate this year and all the good that came.
It's funny - how when you're a kid, you think anything over say, twenty-five is old.
And now, now that I just turned forty nine? I think the best years of my life are still ahead of me.
In the spirit of sharing the joy that is 49.
Here are 49 things you never really wanted to know about me.
1. I was named for my brother's grade school crush.
2. I love pickles on my tuna sandwich. So what about it?
3. I would never survive in the wilderness.
4. If I could hang out with one celebrity, alive or dead, it would be Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna. I know that's two. It's my birthday.
5. The most gracious celebrity I've ever met was Olivia Palermo. Love, love.
6. Diet coke is my vice. With lemon + lots of ice.
7. I don't eat seafood.
8. Sleeping is pretty much my favourite thing to do.
9. I hate tights.
10. They used to call me Pac Man Queen as a kid. Yes, I was that good.
11. I never pass up dessert.
12. Bath over a shower, always.
13. I love the feel of fresh, crisp sheets.
14. I own far, far too many pairs of jeans. And black pants.
15. I can speak, read and write in 2 languages other than english.
16. I hate camping.
17. My favourite colour is baby blue.
18. I'm not a dog person.
19. I will never wear unmatched underclothes or nail/toe polish. Like ever.
20. Ocean over pool.
21. I love coffee. Although I didn't start drinking it until my early 30's.
22. I can cook. Baking not so much.
23. I was born in Toronto.
24. I think a lot about what happens when we die.
25. The day I became a mother for the first time was the best day of my life.
26. I love puzzles. Like really love.
27. I was team Angelina.
28. I believe you should invest in good shoes, good handbags + good sunglasses. The rest is negotiable.
29. I love to write.
30. The best place I've ever been to is St. Barth's.
31. I talk a lot. A LOT.
32. I especially love talking to random strangers. My kids not so much.
33. In another life, I would have been a personal shopper.
34. I love the smell of gasoline.
35. I sometimes think about my morning coffee as I'm falling asleep. See #21.
36. If my house caught on fire and I could only save one possession - I would choose photos.
37. I prefer red licorice.
38. Italian food is my favourite.
39. I wear a size 7.5 shoe
40. If I could have one talent, it would be drawing.
41. I believe women should try to compliment each other whenever they can.
42. I was ridiculously sick when I was pregnant.
43. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favourite combination.
44. I have worn Dolce + Gabbana's Light Blue for as long as I can remember.
45. I could look at old photos for hours. Anyone's. I love the stories behind the pictures. See #36.
46. I am pro choice.
47. I wear my watch on my right arm.
48. I love a good deal. And refuse to pay full price for just about anything. Except #28.
49. The only time I have ever been envious of another woman was seeing pregnant girls after my first was born. True story.

This year, among many things, I learned that the best things in life are indeed free.
That seeing my children happy makes me happiest of all.
That if you let yourself, you can regain faith in humanity. And find that there are still incredible people out there that you have yet to meet.
I learned that sometimes, you need to let go.
That there are people in your life that are not worth holding onto.
And that the older I get, the less I care what people think.
That is everything.

Happy Birthday to me.
xo 

3 comments :

  1. Dearest Susan,
    Wonderful post with worthwhile points written down at this half-time of your life!
    # 16 I'm with you, hard to give up a good bathroom luxury and a soft bed with down...
    # 28 is also my motto and once you fall for the BEST, you prove yourself right when the years add on to good quality investment and with pride you enjoy them more and more.
    # 29 is one of my BIGGEST, guess as a young girl I already loved to write. Maybe it is because I've been a bookworm since I could read and that stimulates your imagination and good use of words. My favorite person to write to was my 'Heeroom' (look for label in my blog) who was a Priest in Timor/Indonesia and got his Phd in studying Church law.
    # 41 is an absolute MUST!
    # 45 is also one of my favorites, by looking at them, forever, I could write a story about the person(s) as faces and surroundings do tell us SO much!
    # 48 - AMEN to that!
    Great point about caring less what other people think! We all ought to come to this point.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I love so much about you Mariette? You take the time to read and reflect and share your thoughts with me. I am blessed to know you!

      Delete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.