Ava Grace's Closet: Life Lately
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Life Lately

 

Well, it's been a hot minute hasn't it?

Life has a funny way of getting in the way of doing all the things you wish you had time to do. It's all about priorities and this past year, those priorities became all about getting through what was the strangest year ever.

I've been home on what would become the longest March Break vacation in the history of March break vacations. The week off turned into what will soon be one year away from the office. From life as I knew it. From daily drop offs at two different schools. From a morning coffee run before the drive into work. From cherished alone time in the car before starting a busy day. And also from the frantic pace that my life had become. 

And for that I am oddly grateful.

I have always been a cup half full type of person and in some ways, this year has challenged that belief. It's lead us all to a place we never thought we would be. Wondering, in this Groundhog Day existence, when it will all end. I don't know about you, but I still wake up some days in that hazy fog of early morning and for just a moment think this cannot possibly be our reality. And then realize that it indeed is.

So, here's the thing. This pandemic, if it has been anything, has been the first great equalizer. The one time where everyone, regardless of your status, financial situation, living conditions - is facing the same thing at the same time. Sure, everyone's experience is different, but as we have seen, the virus is unpredictable and doesn't choose between celebrity and common folk. I think for me, the scariest thing about it all is the sheer unpredictability of said experience. In some, it's barely a flu. In others, it's ruthless. 

We've been doing our best to stay safe. And in this, spending more time together, alone. There's something. The kids have gotten used to the dreaded "new norm" and for me personally, it's been kind of oddly, well, wonderful. Isabella has been cooking and baking up a storm. Ava writes up never-ending to do lists to ensure she keeps herself busy and keeps in touch with her friends on facetime. And Julian? Julian has been preparing for this his entire life. Secretly, I think he kind of loves that we are all just ALWAYS here. And secretly? So do I.

The girls and I watched far too many episodes of The Home Edit and have since reorganized pretty much every cupboard, closet and drawer in the entire house. We renovated the main bathroom so that the kids have a more functional space and also tackled the laundry room. I figure, if I'm going to spend so much time doing laundry, I might as well have a space that I love! We have decluttered. A LOT. And refreshed items that have been on my radar to get replaced for some time. Anyone else find that the more time you have at home, the more you find to do? GUILTY.


And so, here we are. Staring down another month long lockdown and more time to scrutinize every corner of the house. We'll online learn. We'll get outside as much as we can. We'll wave at my parents through their sliding door. We'll play barbies. We'll bake more cookies. We'll watch more netflix. We'll do MORE puzzles. And through it all, we'll be together. It ain't so bad.

Wishing each of you good health and happiness. Happy New Year 2021!

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.