Ava Grace's Closet: A Coffee Date
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A Coffee Date

It's about that time I think -
With January behind us still not sure where it went I thought I would sit down to coffee with all of you.
I take mine with milk, cream + sugar. Just one. 
And I'm probably wearing black leggings, a cozy turtleneck and my ugg boots.
Because it has been FREEZING in Toronto.
I prefer a seat by the fire if one is available.
Please and thank you.
Is it just me or the older you get, the quicker time goes?
I feel like school just started for the kids and here we are - staring at March Break.
And then back at it for a few more months.
And BOOM - Summer.
I'm not sure I like this.

My Isabella is almost done 3rd year of university.
I feel the same way about this as I do the above - I swear we were visiting schools trying to decide where she might go, like, yesterday. 
She's doing very well and has decided on a marketing major with a minor  in psychology and personally, I still think she should go that route.
I still remember so vividly how good she was with dealing with Julian when he was struggling so badly.
More patient than I was some days.
It really was touching to watch -
Alas, who ever agrees with their mother??

If you follow along with us on instagram you'll already have seen her new look.
I swear it's like looking into a mirror of myself all those years ago.
Except her colour is exactly the right shade and mine, well, wasn't.  
 Ms. Ava Grace is eight and three-quarters and still the same always happy ALWAYS TALKING little girl.
Albeit, her shoe size is that of a woman's.
And she seemingly outgrows all of her clothing each week.
I call her my little giraffe. Long legs and the tallest child in her grade.
She probably hates that.
I'm sure Cindy Crawford did too.
She is so inquisitive - always asking questions about everything.
All I can say is thank goodness for google since I don't know about you, but I know exactly nothing about the land formation of northern Canada or any land formation really. 
She's a fan of macarons, youtube anything and dancing more than she walks.
I hope that pure joy never changes.
My Julian is doing world's better.
And I feel it's all owed to never giving up on him and providing pure, unconditional love.
I assure you, this isn't always easy. He is miserable in the morning, in the evening and sometimes in between.

But some days, some days are so good.
He comes up to my room just to say hello.
To give me a kiss.
Or to tell me he loves me.
He is by far the most sensitive of the three.
Sometimes brought to tears just by talking about the mortality of my mother - his nana.
He recently lost a friend in a horrible car accident and I find his memorial card next to his bedside each morning.
It has taught me a lot about who he truly is.
And he is truly good.
Also, I'm not sure when but he's become a little man seemingly overnight.
He loves to call himself the "man of the house". Hysterical really since he does exactly nothing to earn that title other than leave his clothes everywhere and eat out the refrigerator on the daily. 
I'm still trying to hold it all together.
Be there for my children while trying to maintain my sanity and squeeze in a bit of me time every once in a while.
I've worked hard on tightening up my circle.
Keeping only those I truly know have my best intentions at heart in it.
And nurturing the relationships I know are present for the right reasons.
Like this one who loves all of us unconditionally and doesn't want for much other than our love back.
And food.
Ms. Sofie also wants lots of that.
Happy Wednesday indeed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.