Ava Grace's Closet: Summer Beauty Essentials
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer Beauty Essentials

Come summertime, I always feel the need to lighten up my beauty routine including everything from my skincare to my makeup and everything in between.
With skin that's slightly sun kissed, gone is the need for anything heavy and ease is the name of the game. 
Here are my can't live without products - on rotation, all summer long.
Summer Beauty Essentials


1. Avène Eau Thermal {$14}
This feels like a fresh spritz of coolness for your skin whenever you need it. I carry one with me pretty much all the time and have one in the office. 
Warning: this product may become addictive.

2. Sugar Lip Polish {$31} 
I have had a container of this little piece of heaven for years. I am sure it is likely expired by now but if it ain't broke, why fix it? Or in this case, buy a new one. 
Sun and pool wreak havoc on my lips and this keeps them smooth and soft.
It also smells and tastes amazing.

My old stand-by. Sure, I have tried other less expensive copycats. They just don't measure up. 
This leaves my dry hair looking like I just spent a day at the beach. 
If you're afraid to commit, try the small bottle here for under $20. 
I may or may not have my daughter equally addicted.

Truth be told, I love all of the Nudestix products - yes, because they're a Canadian brand but also because they are SO easy to use AND transport.
The new gel colour formulation goes on super smooth and shiny - I am kinda partial to rebel right now. The perfect salmon pink.
A definite must-try.

I have literally stopped using every other bronzer I own in favour of this one.
One swirl on each cheek gives me a sparkling glow that's slightly sun-kissed without being overdone. I swipe a small bit across my forehead and clavicle as well. 
A little goes a long way. Love. 

I have been using this product for daytime since early June and find my makeup goes on smoother and my skin looks soft and radiant.
I know it must be good as it has been sold out in stores since launching.
If you're looking for a nice, fragrance-free, lightweight moisturizer, this might just be it.

This product has become my go-to before bedtime. A little goes a long way and never feels like a mask or too heavy in any way. 
I struggle with products that I use in the evening sometimes as I find they get into my sensitive eyes overnight - has never happened with this product.
A definite win.

If I could only choose one favourite drugstore product this summer, this would hands-down be it. 
We used it on our trip to Punta Cana and not only is it easy {and fun!} to apply but it works. Never leaves your skin feeling greasy - in fact, it dries almost instantly.
Highly recommend this product.

9. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer {$55}
I have switched over to this product come the warmer months for as long as I can remember. 
It's not cheap but it works. I find I can use one tube the entire summer and always have enough for winter vacation and then some. 
Perfect sheer coverage in a shade that seems to work for everyone.
I don't actually know anyone who doesn't love this product. 

And there you have it.
Bring on the sunshine!

Do you change up your beauty routine during the summer months?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.