Ava Grace's Closet: New Year, New Me
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Year, New Me

As the New Year 2015 begins, As the new year 2015 begins, I think it's safe to say we all look back over the last year and see where we landed.
I planned to do a lot of things in 2014 and while I didn't meet all of my goals, I am feeling pretty good about where I am at - mostly because I was able to accomplish a lot of things that weren't even on my radar at the beginning of last year.
After what I now refer to as the worst December I have ever had, I began to re-evaluate what is truly important - and while some things are indeed a necessity (read: working full time) others are not. I need to make sure that I not only take care of my family and those around me but also make time for me. 
Something that has been lacking over the past few years - I blame it on my blog's cutie-pie namesake. 
This year, I plan to focus on getting healthy and staying healthy. 
I was sick 3 times in a row in December. I attended 3 funerals within 13 days. This alone is enough to scare just about anyone into prioritizing their health.
I want to eat better. Start taking a multi-vitamin daily.
I want to try to do some form of exercise at least 3x per week - and stick to it.
I want to finally book that yearly physical and visit a naturopath; something I've been saying I will try to do for years. 
I also, yet again, plan to drink more water. This time, in the form of tea. Lord knows I just can't do it otherwise so I am officially giving up.

I also hope to start making other parts of my life, well healthier.
I've already started my reorganizational overhaul including my kitchen cupboards (done!), the basement play area (done!) and soon my closet and make up drawer. The last one scares me a little bit.
I'm on the hunt for new office furniture and hope to make it more functional and inviting.
I also want to try to look outside our bubble and try to do just one thing spontaneously kind for someone else each month.
I'm starting with a coffee at the drive-thru for whoever is behind me this morning. 
I think about it - now, I plan to do it.
source
Life is short.
Cliche? Maybe. 
We're already planning our vacations for the year. 
We plan on making memories while we still can. 
New Year, New WE.

Happy Tuesday.

5 comments :

  1. I think you should run the Spartan Sprint with me - wink wink! 2015 will be a great year - dust off those sh!tkickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, such a great post and I have to say I have many similar goals! Sorry to hear about your rough December.
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my friends/classmate is a big advocate of paying it forward and does "good deeds" almost daily, anonymously treating others to their coffee, dinners, groceries, etc. now many of our friends have hopped on board delivering good deeds when we can. it's rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Susan,
    Indeed, at times we are painfully reminded of how short life really is!
    Drinking water is a great thing to do; wish I would have started doing that years earlier, could have avoided probably my chronic kidney disease stage II... So please do give it a serious thought!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so with you! It's been a tough end of year for me too & so I definitely plan to take advantage of a New Year, New me plan! We just can't afford to take anything for granted! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.