Ava Grace's Closet: This is 40 : Rebecca from Red Tag Chic Los Angeles
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 24, 2014

This is 40 : Rebecca from Red Tag Chic Los Angeles

Today I'm introducing you all to a mainstay on the 40+ fashion blogger circuit, Rebecca from Red Tag Chic Los Angeles.
There are so many reasons why I am a fan of this beauty.
For one, she is a C.A. by day {hello!} and still finds time to maintain a blog.
She ends every post detailing what she wore and never omits, "hair + smile, my own!". 
I also love that she doesn't take herself too seriously, that she sometimes shares her gorgeous daughter with us and then there's the fact that she has a figure that most 20 somethings would envy.
Welcome dear Rebecca. 

twitter / facebook / instagram
1. How has your style evolved since getting older?
I consider my style to be a work in progress.  I try my best to evolve with the times but maintain an age-appropriate approach to dressing as I now have a 21 year old daughter who is my fiercest and number 1 critic. 

When I was a lot younger and starting out my career in the corporate world, my closet was a virtual sea of black and neutrals which made my mom so unhappy.  But now older and hopefully wiser, I'm more fond of colors and prints and a wee bit more adventurous to try new trends!

2. Anything you would have worn when you were younger but absolutely wouldn't dream of wearing now?
That would definitely be the crop tops!!!  Yeah in the 80s, I used to wear a lot of them (minus the stretch marks!) ....but it's absolutely a no-no now.  I leave the crop tops to my daughter now....she totally rocks them!

3. Any looks you regret?
Hmmmmm I can't think of anything major, although the closest would be my permed hair which I only regretted because of the damage it did to my hair then.  It was necessary because there were no curling irons yet at that time and I had stick-straight stubborn hair.  Normally, I don't regret any style faux pas because I treat them as part of who I am and something to look back and laugh about.

4. What do you know now that you wish you had known then?
I know now that beauty inside and out is EVERYTHING...and that smiling through it all will save one's butt in even the most awkward and uncomfortable situations.  

5. Who is your favourite 40+ inspiration and why?
Christie Brinkley, who just turned 60, makes me so brave to face my 50s which is already next year...hahaha!

6. Best advice you would give to your younger self.
Hey younger Rebecca...be more kind to yourself.  Stop obsessing about those flaws...it makes you who you are! 

7. Anything else you want to share.
IMy eternal advice to everyone:
Style-wise:  "Wear the dress...don't let the dress wear you"
Beauty-wise:  "Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!"

Wise advice from a wise woman. 
Almost 50? I can't believe it!
Rebecca, thank you so much for taking the time to be here today. 

See previous This is 40 posts here + here.

15 comments :

  1. We women in our 40s rock!!

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    Dubai, UAE
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute...love her smile best of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really honored to be featured in this highly inspirational concept of yours Susan. I could say the 40s is my best decade ever!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The honour is all mine. Thanks so much for participating Ms. Rebecca. xo

      Delete
  4. I love her and she rocks ! So let's say yayyyy to all the 40+'s blogger including me. Thanks for the feature.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never would've guessed she'll be 50 next year. Way to rock it 40+ bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this series, a fun way to meet new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock Rebecca! You don't look older than 28!!!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca looks awesome for any age! Great series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love Rebecca, one of the nicest bloggers around. She is drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this series, looking forward to more advice from beautiful wise women :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Rebecca just sooooo glamorous and gorgeous?!! I've always loved her for having the most fabulous smile, then she's got a great figure and great style too! Great choice for this series :))

    Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.