Ava Grace's Closet: Inspired Series ~ Falling Off A High Heeled Life
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Inspired Series ~ Falling Off A High Heeled Life


in.spired 

  1. Of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse.
  2. (of a person) Exhibiting such a creative impulse in the activity specified: "an inspired gardener".
The blogging community is full of so many incredible women. Women who are far more creative than I. And have amazing stories to share. 
This is one of them.

I cannot tell you how unbelievably excited I am to share this incredible lady with all of you. Not only is she a fellow Canadian (!) but her story is nothing short of courageous and awe inspiring. Welcome Celia!


Susan, thank you for the honour of being a guest at your wonderful blog home. I am truly humbled to be included among the fabulous women you have been sharing with us, in your In.Spired Series.

For those who do not know me my name is Celia, author of the blog Falling Off A High Heeled Life. On October 28th, 2006 at 8:30 p.m. Life as I knew it, stopped! The Person I was, would be no more. It would be 6 plus weeks, after that fatal night,  before I would become aware something had happened to me; and take almost 5 more years before I would be able to say "My life and who I was, really is never going to be again ..." and stop trying to find myself or be the person I was, because that person would no longer fit the life I now live. 

For anyone who finds themselves faced with life transitions, I would like to share the following:

We must embrace the change and go barefoot...

We must see ourselves as we want to be not as we are...

and sometimes Our Shoes

Must Change ...

and though we may not want to try on the new ones...

Until we do, we will never know the power they may hold...

Slowly they will start to raise you..
Until You are back on your toes...

Even if your Heels now look like this...

 Creating Me and a Life that fits. I look forward to sharing with readers of Falling off A High Heeled Life, my journey into discovering the benefits of tea as part of my daily routine; 
building a wardrobe that fits my new "smart casual" dressing style; 
(ballet flats, wedge shoes, riding boots and wellies can be as fashionable as high heels) 
country living has its luster; the therapeutic value of gardening and handwriting letters;
 healthy eating and fitness; and other many wonderful discoveries about transition in life, no matter the reason.

Remember....

If you are interested in reading about what changed my life you can read more here and here. I hope I have inspired you to go out and CREATE the you and life you want!! if it no longer fits.

" My Life didn't please me, so I created my life". Coco Chanel

Please visit Celia to read more about her incredible journey. I found her blog some time ago and have not stopped reading since :: imagine my surprise (and joy!) when we found we lived just a short drive away from each other. We have yet to get together but that day is imminent. I will be sure to share.

Last day to vote for us here!
Happy Tuesday.



20 comments :

  1. Dearest Susan,
    Thanks for featuring dear friend Celia! She certainly is a role model to many!
    We could have met her as we were at a wedding in Toronto but with no time off and no personal transport...
    One day it would be great to sip tea together!
    Once again, thanks for doing this!
    Love,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting me over at Susan's BlogLand home. Your sweet words , mean the world to me... Hugs, c

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing post! I am really really inspired. These are the types of posts that really move me. I follow Celias blog and find it amazing and am so glad you featured her.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LV thank you so much for visiting and your kind words. Hugs, c.

      Delete
  3. Perfectly inspiring as usual, Celia.
    Thank you for featuring her, Susan.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia.. thank you so much for visiting me at Susan's .. i'm slowl;y catching up with blog visits... will be visiting you soon. hugs, C.

      Delete
  4. I had to go back and read her story because reading this post resonated with me.
    The flats...
    While I can't even imagine what kind of physical and emotional pain she has endured, I do know what it's like to have to change your lifestyle.
    I had a severe back injury that's left me with chronic pain. Heels? forget it.
    People don't understand how horrible physical pain is because you can't see it. They don't understand that it affects every aspect of your life.
    I'm so glad that she is fighting and her attitude is nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly, first thank you for taking th etime to visit my blog and read my story. I am attempting to catch up and have just made my way over to your wonderful BlogLand Home! WOW! You are a survivor but more important .. as I learned about Chunky Monkey, your black Lab - we have a yellow lab (and can so relate to each and everything you mentioned - what is it with labs they eat EVERYTHING..lol)... your husband sounds like a wonderful soul and much like mine ~ he has to be strong to deal with the yet different but most similar transitions we (you and I ) face each day. I'm looking forward to reading and visiting your blog again!! I couldn't find your follow button .. so I've added your blog to my read Blog list ... hugs and thank you again, xo C.

      Delete
    2. Celia,
      Kim is a fellow Canadian gal and was featured in the In.Spired series just yesterday. Have a peek! Maybe we can get her up one day to share a tea. ;)

      Delete
    3. It is amazing how our husbands swoop in like that eh? I don't know where I would be with out him. It really affects our entire support system. I don't know about you but I lost a lot of friends because of it. I injured my back when I was 23 so a lot of my friends were still hitting the bar scene...and so we moved apart.
      But it also shows you who the real important ones are. The true ones that love you no matter what.
      Yea, labs...eating...weird. It's not like we don't feed him. Jeesh!! He's busy eating up our linoleum floor in the kitchen.
      I'm so glad to meet you!!
      Thanks Susan!!!
      And That would be heavenly to meet up for tea!!!

      Delete
  5. Susan thank you for introducing such a wonderful women to us! Celia thank you so much for your incredible story. I read a few of your posts and I have to say it was so helpful to me as the mother of a child with a brain disorder. Though the circumstances are very different a lot of what you wrote about experiencing are things that our daughter deals with, because my daughter is much more limited than you are I have never been able to really ask her what it is she feels, though what you describe is pretty close to what she goes through. Thank you so much, you will never know what your story meant to me. Wishing you much luck and love in your life as you adjust to your new, but beautiful shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy ... thank you for your heart felt comment. It makes my journey worth all the pain and challenges when it helps someone, or a loved to know they are not alone. I love the name of your blog "My Dishwashers possessed! and I just read your Oh What a Beautiful Morning post... and I have to say God actually answered your purpose first :) ... he knew that together you and your husband would be blessed with 3 beautiful children. Kathy, I too am more spiritual than religious ~ and I know that it may not make sense, but your wonderful daughter chose you as parents, because she knew the love and care that you would give to her. To get to your purpose .. you had to meet the guy first! ... many blessings to you and your beautiful family... I'm following your blog now...xo C.

      Delete
  6. My mother and aunt were in a MVA in which my aunt sustained injuries that left her paralyzed from the neck down. My heart goes out to all involved and her courage to continue on with her life; I know this can be so difficult to do and shows so much inner strength! So happy to have read this story and come across you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She sounds really inspiring. Unbelievable what she went through! Thanks for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So inspiring! We all have those moments when we realized what we thought we wanted or who we thought we were was just an illusion and we must re think everything. What a great outline for life's changes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...just wow. How inspiring. amazing way to thing about it
    Sharon
    http://sharon-moms-madhouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My jaw just dropped wide open! What an amazing and inspiring story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you again to Susan for the honour of being part of the In.spired series. It really is humbling. Thank you to everyone who has stopped by and your sweet and encouraging comments. Blessings, Celia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.