Ava Grace's Closet: The Nanny Diaries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Nanny Diaries

The dreaded return to work date is coming sooner than I would like. 
I've been blessed to be able to stay home with little miss for an extra 6 months so I really can't complain. 

We've decided to go the nanny route and let me tell ya...it has been a N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E. 
First off, I'm not completely sold on the idea of leaving my precious baby girl with anyone. 
Big sigh. 
But, I've tried to be open-minded. The whole interview process has been not unlike what I do full time when I am at work. Not the most fun part of my job.
Bigger sigh.

So...we begin. And we "meet" nanny A. 
She seemed sweet enough. Cute. Friendly. Fantastic references. Numerous skype calls with her where she "met" our entire family including little miss. We thought it was too good to be true to like our very first candidate this much. We decided to move forward. 
She decided to go with another family. 

The search continued. 
Almost anxiously. 
We needed someone here by the July timeframe to ensure we had enough time to get comfortable with her and her with us. Most of all with little miss. 
And finally we "meet" nanny B. All the way in Hong Kong and sadly not being treated the greatest. Her sister was already here so we felt pretty good about being able to potentially reunite them. She seemed excited to come to Canada and was a good fit based on her experience. Outgoing enough. Energetic. Thoughtful. She even remembered The King's birthday this week. 
So sweet.

Until last night. 
All of the paperwork is ready to go. 
I am still uneasy but feeling good about my decision. I ask..."How long will the process take from here? Best and worse case scenario?". 
The reply "Well...if all goes well, she should be here in September sometime". 

I AM GOING BACK TO WORK THE FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER!!!!! (inside voice) 

So now...I am feeling like I am back at square one. Starting over. And doubting this nanny decision more and more. 

To be continued...

1 comment :

  1. What a mess! I hope you find out sooner or else it will be a difficult adjustment. :(

    Found you on bloggymoms.com


    Bridget from www.bumluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.