Ava Grace's Closet: Favourites : On Rotation
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 23, 2015

Favourites : On Rotation

I'm still here.
Days trying to keep up with work + home + children + teenagers + highschool + university selection have been catching up with me.
Everything I do revolves around doing it in the fastest way possible including dressing in basics and keeping my skincare and make up routine equally simple.
Here are a few of my favourites - all are on consistent rotation:

Favourites

1. Sally Hansen Gel Polish - This has become my go-to. With little, read no, time for self-indulgence, this keeps my nails looking business-ready in minimal time and LASTS. It is a 2-step process - 2 coats of polish followed by one coat of gel.
My colour du jour is red eye. A super wearable red.

2. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation - When I heard about this product - a foundation and concealer in one, I knew I wanted to try it. If you're like me, you find you end up spending more on concealer than on your fluid foundation! Crazy. 
This product allows me to use it all over, including under eye. Have really been enjoying it. Coverage is superb and the price is not ridiculous.

3. Stila Convertible Colour {Lillium} - This is the only product that keeps popping up over and over. I can't get enough. It provides a dewy glow like no other and especially around this season (when skin gets dry and dull), I love it. Worth the investment.

4. NudeStix Eyebrow Wax - What can I say? This is my FAVOURITE new product. {this from the girl who used to use the cult favourite eyebrow tamer that shall remain nameless but cost more than a few of these products combined} It goes on in a single swipe, can be easily sharpened AND keeps my unruly brows in place all day. 
Love, love. 

5. Pixi eyeshadow/eyeliner pencil - I received this product in a goodie bag from a local Toronto Target event and finally opened it a few weeks ago. To my delight, the goldish colour I received {doesn't seem to be available on the website anymore} was exactly what I was after. One swipe across the lid opens up my eyes and provides a great pop of metallic colour. 

6. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil - Putting oil ON your face? Yes! Honestly, I can hardly wait until bedtime when I get to use this product. A little goes a long way and my skin eats it up. I will say that it sometimes doesn't get every last bit of makeup off unless you remove first with a micellar cleansing water but the feeling it leaves is beyond compare.  I am using the refining/cleansing version but there are many formulations available. Highly recommend.

7. Caryl Baker Ritual Beauty Lipstick {Desert Rose} - The moment I received this lipstick from the team at Caryl Baker Visage I fell in love with the packaging. A tiny diamond-encrusted lid is removed and a mirror pops into place ready for quick-fixes on the go.
If you're like me, you apply often and everywhere. This lets me do so elegantly and discreetly.

What are your favourite beauty products these days? Anything I must try?

2 comments :

  1. Glad to see you back mon ami!!! That lipstick and that it has a mirror sounds brilliant .... will have to check it out... miss ya girl lets try to get a catch up coffee/drink in before the busyness of the holidays begins. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh...will have to check out that brow stick! hope all is well..things have been super busy around here, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.