When I look back on my life, the days are indeed long while the years? So short.
I honestly cannot believe I am 46.
That I have 3 children of my own.
There are days where I still feel 27.
And then, there are others when I look at my parents and realize my own age. And often all of our mortality.
I've learned a lot in these 46 years.
And every day, regardless of whatever is happening around me, I find I continue to learn things I never knew before.
I appreciate other people's stories.
Revel in their trials and appreciate how lucky I am. How lucky we are.
Aging is indeed a privilege - wish I could say the same about wrinkles.
If I could go back in time, to say 27...what would I tell my then self?
1. The friends you have today? They won't necessarily be the ones you will have tomorrow. Or forever. Some of the best friends you will make be ones that you will meet through your children.
2. Life is all about balance. Save some of what you make - you will be thankful for it later on. But also treat yourself. Go ahead. You work hard and you deserve it.
3. Life is short. Buy the shoes. Tell your mother you love her even when she drives you crazy. Try to never go to bed angry or live with regret.
4. If you can, always have a pet. They give you so much unconditional love and truly make a house a home. If you follow me on instagram, you will see our newest addition. My only regret is not getting him sooner. But then, it wouldn't have been him.
And I'm so in love with him.
5. Keep key pieces from your wardrobe. I had a fuchsia blazer years ago that I would kill to have today. My mother always did this and today, all these years later, I have found a ton of gems in her closet. Like this and these.
6. Women can be mean. And sometimes, you won't know why. Say a little prayer for those ones - for they know not what they do.
A good heart and kindness will always prevail.
7. Sunscreen. SPF 60+ on your face. Especially your forehead. And botox? There is a time and place for it. Like right now and right here. Or anywhere really.
8. No matter what you go to school for. Or what you end up doing as a full time career. Never ever let go of your passion.
Mine was always fashion though, ahem, it never paid enough and over 5 years ago, this little blog became my outlet for that love and allows me to indulge my creative side.
9. Your children will be your biggest, proudest and best accomplishment. The rest really doesn't mean that much in the end.
10. Your mother was wrong when she said women over 50 can't wear long hair or red lipstick. I say, that's the time to grow your hair and buy the brightest one you can find!
Age ain't nothin' but a number.
And Happy Birthday to me.