They say life begins at 40. I am not sure who they are but I will take this to mean that the understanding of life begins somewhere around 40. And this is sadly true.
Here is what I've learned so far:
- My mother WAS always right. She doesn't read this blog and I will never, ever admit this to her.
- Marrying your friend is far more important than marrying the best looking or most successful. I lucked out and got both. And today, I am thankful that when something happens - whatever that may be - he is still the first person I want to share it with.
- Red nail polish calls for the shortest nails you are willing to wear.
- Tattoos really are forever. And laser removal? It hurts. A lot.
- Having a baby at 39 really does keep you young. I highly recommend it.
- You can wear long hair at 40. REALLY long hair.
- I still hate to fly. I will always hate to fly.
- It is possible to survive on little to no sleep for 18 months. You will want to kill yourself but you will somehow make it through.
- You will be more anxious at 40. Cautious. The 20's were such bliss in their ignorance.
- Sleep is the best medicine. Laughter is a close second.
- I should have tried Dr. Pepper earlier than just this past Friday. Christina never told me it tasted like cherry coke. I love cherry coke.
- Note to self: Blonde. Don't try brown, you will ALWAYS regret it. And always end up back in the salon going, you guessed it, blonde.
- True friends? Really true friends. Are incredibly hard to come by. Hold onto the ones that are worthy of the title.
- You will one day get irritated by how loud they play the music in the likes of Abercrombie and Hollister. Yes, even though you used to do the same and worse in your own car.
- There are a few things that look good on no one. Blue eyeshadow is one of them. Spice colored hose is another. Followed closely by white shoes. A true friend would tell you that.