Ava Grace's Closet: Current Beauty Faves
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Current Beauty Faves

If this time in quarantine has given us anything, it's given us time.
Time to explore.
Time to reconnect.
Time to reorganize.
And time to shop on-line way too much for new beauty goodies.
Here are just a few of my new (in + out of quarantine) favourites:

1. Matrix's Biolage Color Last Shampoo. I was gifted this shampoo and just can't get enough of it. The scent is incredible and it keeps my hair in top form. Considering I haven't seen my stylist in almost 5 months - this is no easy feat.
Available at Ulta (buy one at $19.99, get one 50% off!) and locally at Shoppers Drug Mart, here.

2. I got this product along with a few other Milk Makeup goodies as part of the birthday gift from Sephora this year. (if you haven't got yours yet, GO NOW!) I am smitten. I use it on my cheeks + lips in shade dusty rose. Find it at Sephora, here. (PS - this comes in 2 sizes - one small ($20) and one large ($37). I have the small one and will say, it has lasted forever. And by forever, I mean since the end of April.

3. I hesitated in sharing this one as it appears it is no longer available. That said, I found this one at Winners (T.J. Maxx in the U.S.) for under $7. It retails for $9.99 if you can find it at your local Walmart. It is SO good.
You can find my tried + true Shu Uemura cleansing oil here. It is $47. It is worth it.

4. If you only purchase one new goodie this year, let the Laneige Lip Mask be it. I use it every evening before bed and it is fabulous. Available at Sephora, $22/$26. (I'm using candy" but the new limited edition "gummybear" is currently on my list) 

5. Anyone else have yet to go get their nails done? I don't know. Something about how up close and comfortable they get has me waiting for - well, for a vaccine. I've been doing my own and have found the CND products (polish + top coat) to be the longest lasting. I get almost a week which is pretty impressive for non-gel polish. Find it at Walmart, $17.95 for both, here. In Canada, you can find it at Shoppers for $12.99

6. How had I never heard of The Inkey List? This product, which I believe is a fierce competitor for The Ordinary, is similiarly a no-nonsense, ridiculously well-priced line which focuses on all the key ingredients touted in skin care today. I've tried a bunch of the products but this caffeine eye cream (@ $9.99!) is a new staple. In Canada, at Shoppers Drug Mart (you can shop online and see the entire line) or at Sephora, here

7. Last, but certainly not least, is my new favourite toner - this one by Ole Henriksen. I have always loved their product line and this toner is no exception. It wipes off any last bit of makeup residue AND fights dark spots. A win win. $38 at Sephora. Find it here (and while you're at it, try the C Rush brightening gel creme and the Banana Bright vitamin C serum - I got them as part of the always sold out Mega Wonders set and all of them were stellar )

Have you tried anything new and fabulous lately?

I hope you are all well and safe.
Treat yourself. 
It's a crazy time.
xo


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.