Ava Grace's Closet: Twenty One : Dear Izzy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Twenty One : Dear Izzy

 Dear Izzy,
It surely can't be that my sweet baby girl, the one who blessed me all those years ago, is twenty one today?
I stare at you sometimes.
When you're staring intently at the tv - or at your phone - 
I still sometimes can't believe you are mine.
You see, even though I am your mama, I'm still just a girl. Still someone who is trying to figure it out.
And trying not to mess up you, your brother and sister in the process. #truth

As women, we are just expected to know how to do it all Izzy.
To be strong - to be able to handle EVERYTHING.
But the truth is, we don't have to.
It's ok to ask for help. It's ok to not know what to do next. It's ok to mess up.
You are far too hard on yourself some days sweet girl.
I see how much you want to do well.
Do what's right. "Figure it all out".
But here I am, at forty nine, still trying to do just that.
And its OK.
It's more than OK.

You have far more discipline than I ever had at your age.
Likely more than I have today.
And for that, you will see, you will be whoever you want to be - do whatever you want to do.
If I've learned something in all of my years - it's that no amount of anything equals pure passion and hard work.
And this, you have.
Everything else will come in time.
This I promise you.

My Izzy, if I could have but one wish for you on your twenty-first birthday?
It would be that you enjoy every moment.
Big or small.
And to realize that things that seem so devastatingly important today.
Will mean nothing in the years to come.
Life is a gift because you are in it.
I love you my beautiful girl.
And I'm lucky to be your mama.

Happy Birthday.
xo 

3 comments :

  1. Dearest Susan,
    Your Izzy will no doubt one day treasure your 'letters' and more fully understand them!
    You both are lucky, having such a natural beauty, even if Izzy at the time is fighting that by replacing some of it...
    No need for doing so!
    Happy Birthday Izzy and many more in good health and clear mind. Hoping she will treasure her Mom all her life.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you!! But you know, I let her experiment...one day very soon she will realize that the simplest her is the very best one. Miss you! xox Susan

      Delete
    2. Why don't you come to the South? You know you're always welcome 💕

      Delete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.