Ava Grace's Closet: What to Wear : The Two Piece Swimsuit
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 30, 2014

What to Wear : The Two Piece Swimsuit

Can you tell I have summer vacation on the brain?
This week I'm talking the piece.
With so many options, including a ton of vintage inspired, modest options, I think the two piece might actually make a comeback; particularly with the older and the I wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini set.

Two Piece Swimwear


The Retro/Vintage
I am kind of partial to this style right now. I love, love, love the higher waisted bottoms and the bombshell-like molded tops. 
I love nautical anything when it comes to swimwear and this one definitely fits the bill. The price will surprise you. And again I'm left wishing Amazon shipped to Canada.
How sweet is this coral-hued polka dot pretty via TopShop? Kinda loving every single one of their suits this year; all of which have a cool, vintage vibe.
What might be the prettiest colour yet. By Prism.
This little floral number is almost too cute to get wet, non?
Definitely my favourite of the bunch and of course, it would be by Dolce + Gabbana. But really, how lovely is this print?


The Bandeau
One more piece of two piece fabulousness again by Dolce + Gabbana. Am so loving these tropical prints + there are a ton of less expensive options available. Try this or this.
Just love the front zipper detail and the blue on this suit by Melissa Odabash. Reminds me of the beaches in Greece. Which I've never actually seen.
And then there's this pretty by Mara Hoffman. In a word, original. Love the bold print. And it's on sale. 

The itty bitty teeny weeny Bikini
I love a good black bikini. This brand has a ton of great options and the prices are so right.
This print is just so great. Take a look at it close up, the detail is incredible. If I were still wearing le string bikinis, this would SO be on my coveted list.
I had to include the "it" bikini of the season. My Isabella is all about the Triangl bikini. 
Boohoo has a lot of cute, reasonably priced options including this pretty blue print. Priced at under $40. Find it here.
Red + navy stripes via Marc Jacobs. Yes, please. 

The Tankini
Any of the suits available at Calypso St. Barth are to die for. I'm loving this striped one. And it looks like it would be so comfortable.
J. Crew always gets it right. This seersucker tankini is available in a multitude of options {string bottom, simple bottom etc.} and looks so delicately pretty. Love this blush shade. {top + bottom}
I had to include this amazing suit by Dutch retailer wehkamp even though sadly, it doesn't look like it is available for shipping to Canada or the U.S. My friends in Germany can find it here.
A peplum'd suit. Adorable. Find it here.
Probably my favourite of the bunch, Tory Burch's prints always have me swooning. The bottom of this is fully reversible. So fun. {top + bottom}

What's your favourite style of two piece?
Our pool is officially opening today. Here's hoping the weather cooperates.
Happy Weekend.


3 comments :

  1. I want to look good in the retro style, but I just look terrible in them. I love a classic triangle top and low rise bottoms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the high waisted bottoms I could totally see myself in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do two pieces...but those high wasted retro one might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.