Ava Grace's Closet: The Nap Maximized
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Nap Maximized

So, if you are a frequent visitor to this blog, you will know that our little miss is not much of a sleeper. 
Like, really bad. 
So bad, that for the first year of her life, we called her "forty". As in sleeps for 40 minute intervals only. Not fun.
Today, at almost 15 months, she has gotten better. I am still up a few times most nights but all in all, not so bad. Definitely not where we were. Naps have improved as well. 
Some days I get a blessed 2 hours (!) which I have really learned to maximize.
 As this is all I got. 
2 hours. 
Max.


So today, during nap time, I have:
1. Scanned and sent 14 documents (yes you read that right) that have arrived from the Canadian government and are required for us to bring the nanny on. I am sure this is probably not the end of it.
2. Sent said documents to agency.
3. Brought water out to papa who is here today taking down a tree in the backyard. Don't ask.
4. Peeled and boiled 2 potatoes for inclusion in little miss' soup. Which her nana sent over for lunch. Because she rocks.
5. Cleaned out my email.
6. Checked out my pinterest re-pins. Here I must tread carefully. I DO NOT under any circumstance actually visit pinterest as entire nap time will be consumed and I will be left to wonder where the time went.
7. Folded 2 loads of laundry.
8. Mopped the sunroom floor. Which the cleaning lady forgot to do. Again.
9. Ignored 2 phone calls. I did glance at my blackberry. Talking on the phone during nap time is another HUGE no-no. 
10. Checked out Pottery Barn Teen. Which now ships to Canada. Who knew?
11. Confirmed Gymboree Play & Music locations in the Florida area so I can take little miss when we are there in exactly 8 days. Insert happy dance here.
12. Searched for stores that might have the large black Lug Puddle Jumper I am after. Which I need for our trip. And which I saw at Costco for $30 less than 3 weeks ago and decided I did not need.
13. Ate one crusty italian bun. Yes, all of it.

Impressive? Yeah, not so much.
Because I am a woman.
And I am a mommy.
And that's just what we do. 
Like, every day.


Annnnnnd...she's up.
Nap time over.

4 comments :

  1. I actually napped during ny little mister's nap time today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this:
    6. Checked out my pinterest re-pins. Here I must tread carefully. I DO NOT under any circumstance actually visit pinterest as entire nap time will be consumed and I will be left to wonder where the time went.

    made me LAUGH.OUT.LOUD. This is so completely true. Oh pinterest.

    My little guy sleeps in little spurts too. As soon as his eyes close I RUN to do something. While he is awake, I am thinking about what task/chore I will do when he naps next. A little ridiculous sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U are a real go getter...I usually " check email" and next thing I know 2 hrs has passed and my house is still trashed and no laundry is done!!! Love your blog and I love all the same things that u mentioned in your profile!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.