Ava Grace's Closet: Celebrating 50

Monday, April 11, 2016

Celebrating 50

1966.
St. Joseph's Hospital.
Toronto.
A dark-haired, dark-eyed baby boy was born.
Today, that baby boy turns 50.
He is also the father of my children.
My husband.
And today, we celebrate him.
...in the end, moments like these are truly all we have.
I hope he never forgets this moment.

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays today!
And cheers to 50 more years.
xo

do not regret getting older, it is a privilege denied to many.
                                                                  unknown


2 comments :

  1. Happy 50th to your husband! I really love that quote at the end, very true!
    P.S. I'm hosting a Giveaway today:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Susan,
    Wishing you both a very well meant, happy belated Birthday!
    You are so right about in the end, those moments are all what will be left.
    As I'm making my progress through the non-digital era of our lives, by scanning all those heavy and thick photo albums, it is more evidence than ever. So many of the faces you're looking at, are no longer with us... Be it family or friends, but they were once captures in a fun moment, celebrating a milestone with others. Really that's pretty much what life is about.
    This week I will celebrate half done on my job! So proud and I will keep pushing till it's completed. That's once again the pitbull in me at work.
    Sending you oodles of love and hope your weather is better than ours. It is raining cats and dogs here at the moment. So my scanning job is a good one!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...