Ava Grace's Closet: nuNaat Brazilian Keratin Products Review

Monday, February 25, 2013

nuNaat Brazilian Keratin Products Review


I am that girl. 
The one that has hair stylists cringing when someone tells them they have to do my blow dry.
Lots of hair. Too much for any one girl really.
And coarse.
Unruly.
Plain old thick. 
And then, color treated on top of it. 

I've been told many times to try a professional thermal straightening treatment.
They're not cheap. 
And honestly, I just can't see myself spending that kind of money just to save on my drying time.
I would rather buy shoes just throw it up in a ponytail.
That said, when I had an opportunity to try a line of products by Nunaat that offer a similar result at a fraction of the price, I was in. 

The line I tried, the Brazilian Keratin Collection consists of five different products. A keratin daily care shampoo and a separate conditioner  that I used in the shower each time I washed my hair. 
They smelled lovely. A win. 
I followed this by applying a liquid keratin reconstructor focusing mainly on my dry ends. This product you do not rinse out and promises to seal the cuticle. Again, the smell was wonderful. 
At this point, I used the blow dryer as I normally would, following it up with the straightening iron in spots that needed it. 
Considerably less touch ups were required overall.
I was liking this. 
And did I mention that it smelled really great?

Once my hair was fully dry and straightened, I used a few drops of the professional serum to tame any flyaways. I would recommend using this product VERY SPARINGLY as it is highly concentrated and could weigh down your hair particularly if you apply too much to the scalp area. I really liked this product and found myself using it even on days where I didn't wash my hair just to keep it smooth and in place.  
{this face is saying, love my hair? get the hair mask below!}
The last product in the kit is the keratin intensive hair mask which I LOVE. I use it once per week as a treatment applying it after my shower and wrapping my head in a towel while it does it's thing. 
I left it on for 30 minutes both times and even while washing it out, I could already tell that my hair was going to feel wonderful. 
And it did. Smooth and silky, not dry or brittle at all. I could use this all day long. 
And not just because the texture of the product was so fun to apply. 
Definitely my favorite product of the bunch and worth a try even if on it's own as a treatment for dry or chemically treated hair.
nuNaat products are widely available at most Walmart, Walgreen's and Sally Beauty Supply stores. Pricing is comparable to many drugstore brands and the quality is significantly better. 
From the nuNaat website:
  • Works with all hair types
  • Repairs cuticle damage
  • Regenerates and strengthens hair fibers
  • Restores natural shine and softness
  • Seals hair cuticles
  • Reduces volume and frizz
  • Makes hair resilient and healthy
  • Formaldehyde and sodium chloride free
For more information about the products I tried or the other lovelies available from nuNAAT, visit their website here, visit them on facebook or follow along on  twitter.

I would definitely give one or more of these products a try if you're able. 
Good quality at a good price.
Have you ever seen this brand in your local drugstore? Tried it?
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com
 Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
.

10 comments :

  1. Oh I feel your pain! I have the same kind of hair. I have to schedule extra time just because there is so much. I love keratin products and will check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thin fine hair its just awful. Never tried the keratin products I'll have to tell my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a lot of hair, but it's super fine. I need to find a magic product that makes it not flyaway with static during these dry MN months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear you on lots of hair and blow drying it. ugggg i dread blow drying in the winter ... at least in the summer i can just let it air dry ... it the winter i get cold lol.

    hope you had fun watching the oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried their Silicon Healthy Restoration treatment line and was impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These sound wonderful. I have really fine hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great product! I only ever put serum on the ends of my hair to smooth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of this brand but must check it out. My hair is dry from frequent washing and coloring...need all the help I can get. The intensive hair mask sounds like what my hair needs!
    I wish I had your hair problem. I seem to be losing hair everyday...frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hair mask sounds heavenly! Will keep and eye out for it. with naturally curly hair , though its thin ... I'm blessed with lots of it and it gets dry quite easily ... This mask may be what it needs to help in the soft and silky department. great review! Merci.. Xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need this stuff especially the intensive mask! My hair needs some serious help these days ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...